Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 5: Juicing with Jeff: The Change Up



Some of you’ve heard thru Facebook – we’re juicing a lot in our house right now. Typically I’m blending delicious smoothies in my Vitamix, but lately I’ve been craving green juices. So, I decided it was time to get my husband on board. I’m not sure what it is about green stuff, but typically it’s the HARDEST thing to get everyone to try – right? Well, I’ll let you in on my trick. I’ve been using my Vitamix to work him into the whole “green thing”. I’ve been making delicious fruit smoothies for him but throwing in a few handfuls of spinach. It turns it green but the flavor is unaffected. Once he was comfortable with that “green experience” he was willing to go to the next level with green juice instead. So, I broke out the 20 year old Juice Man juicer and now he’s enjoying them with me each morning! See my go to “green” recipe in the box above.

I’ll let you in on another secret. I understand first hand, how difficult it can be to try to change a family to healthier habits! I’ve struggled with most of the same things many of my clients experience. That’s why I’m so excited that my newly launched site (www.wellnecessity.com) and my blog (you’re here) will be a place where I can share some of my own trials and tribulations. Coaching others for more than ten years now, I know that we all struggle with many of the same things. So, I want you to know you’re not alone. I’ve learned over the years not to take it all so serious. Life is way too short for that and last, but not least, it’s certainly not about perfection! So just take baby steps. (But those are topics for another day.)

The final product!
So, today's day 5 of "Juicing with Jeff" and I thought I’d change up the routine a bit. To Jeff’s surprise, he woke up to a slightly different juice this morning! I decided it was time to introduce him to a beet cocktail. Why beets? Well, beets are in season now AND the juice of raw beets has been known to be very powerful. Here are just a few things it is suggested it can do:
·        cleanse the blood, kidneys, colon & liver
·        lower blood pressure & reduce cholesterol
·        relieve chronic skin conditions
·        relieve anemia
·        reduce calcification of calcium deposits throughout the body
·        All of these leading to helping chronic conditions such as arthritis, heart disease, cancer, kidney stones, eye problems, and varicose veins. 


Need I say more? So here’s today’s recipe and a some tips about beets, just in case you decide to join us.


  1. Juice the whole beet, greens and the root 
  2. Juice it raw, NOT cooked
  3. Beware, it may cause your urine and stool to turn red. Don’t be alarmed if  that   happens.
  4. A little goes a long way! Start with ½  beet per serving. I used 1 whole beet for 2 servings.


Here's today's recipe:


As always, enjoy and feel free to share some of your experiences here. That’s how we all learn!

Until next time,
MJ

Love these beets!

No comments:

Post a Comment